Monday, October 20, 2008

Behind the lens at Thoughtform Design

After last weeks presentation at Thoughtform Design I was invited to sit down with Project Strategist John Sotirakis, and some of his colleagues, for a brief Q&A. Jonathon Hill was one of those and he created the web page of my presentation.

We talked about photography, culture of the amateur, the influence of stock photography on assignment work and our clients interpretation of a visual comp. I talked about the journey from Assistant to producer to photographer. The importance of mentors and mentoring and why I love teaching.

An additional caption and attribution should be noted on the photograph of Greg Louganis, that was a Polaroid test, from a photo shoot in 1986, I was the first assistant and the photographer was David Vance.

No comments: